This privacy notice sets out how we will process personal data we collect from or about you, or which you provide to us.
Please read this policy carefully to understand why data is being collected and what we do with that data.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679, the data controller is Colex Connect Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales (No. 8384159). Registered office: 2 Maple Court, Davenport Street, Macclesfield, Cheshire, England, SK10 1JE.
What Type of Information Will We Collect from You?
The personal information we collect will depend on the nature of the services we are providing and where applicable the type of legal entity under which you are trading. Typically, this will include the following:
- Personal details collected when you fill in a form on our Site or contact SaveTheHighStreet, such as your name, email address & phone number.
- Business details which, depending on whether you are trading under your own name, may include your personal data, such as your name and address, work email, website address and working hours.
- Your opinions on our services and those of selected vendors.
- Information you provide when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site.
- Details of visits to our Site (which enable our website to remember information about you and your preferences). [Please read our ‘Cookies Policy‘ for further details.] This may include information about your visit, including but not limited to the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Technical information, including but not limited to the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
On What Basis can we Process Your Information?
The legal grounds for processing any personal data that you provide us are as follows:
- In the event that you have given us consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes, including to send you marketing communications by sending you offers by email of other products and solutions, entering competitions and completing surveys or polls on a voluntary basis.
- It is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, to provide you with a more satisfying experience using our Site and allow us to improve your use of our Site and other services, except where our interests are overridden by the interests, rights or freedoms of affected individuals (such as you). To determine this we shall consider a number of factors, such as what you were told at the time you provided your data, what your expectations are about the processing of the data, the nature of the data, and the impact of the processing on you.
What we are going to do with your information?
We will hold and use any personal information about you that you provide us (which where applicable will depend on the type of legal entity under which you are trading) in the following ways:
- Communicate with you during the course of providing our services, for example providing you with marketing communications and dealing with your enquiries and requests.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about content or offers that may interest you or them.
- Track your use of our Site, in order to personalise your repeat visits to our Site and to administer and improve these.
- To notify you about changes to our Site;
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Statistical purposes so we can analyse figures to help us manage our business and plan strategically for the future.
- Respond to any complaint against us.
How Long We Keep Your Data for
We will hold your personal information on our systems only for as long as is necessary.
Who Your Information will be Shared with
We may pass your details to selected people or organisations (data processors) to carry out certain activities on our behalf, and to other data controllers, including analytics providers.
Where we have your prior permission where required, we will also share your information with selected third parties for marketing purposes and to other people subscribed to our service where you have asked to be introduced to them.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Colex Connect Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Security of Your Data
Your personal data will be held on secure servers within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) with all reasonable technological and operation measures put in place to safeguard it from unauthorised access. Where possible any identifiable information will be encrypted or minimised.
Measures when Transferring Your Data to others Outside of the EEA
There may be occasions where we need to send your data outside the EEA. This would cover situations where we need to deal with international aspects of your matter and instruct overseas organisations to assist.
Some organisations may be located in countries outside of Europe where data protection laws are not as strict as they are in the UK. Where your personal data is being transferred outside the EU, we will undertake an assessment of the level of protection in light of the circumstances surrounding the transfer. We will make sure that any transfers are not repetitive and only limited to the minimum amount of information possible. In certain circumstances we may need to seek your consent unless there is an overriding legal need to transfer the information.
How You can Access and Update Your Information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, known as a data subject access request. You also have the right to request that information we hold about you which may be incorrect, incomplete, or which has been changed since you first told us, is updated or removed. These requests are free of charge and can be sent to email@example.com.
How You can Object to us Using Your Data
You can ask us to limit the way in which we are using your information or object to certain types of processing. We will do our best to comply with your request unless we have to use the information for legitimate business or legal purposes.
Any queries or concerns about the way in which your data is being used can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moving Your Information to Another Organisation
You have the right to request that we send an electronic copy of your personal data we hold to you or to another organisation for your own purposes, for example when you are dealing with a different service provider. If you would like us to provide you or to move, copy, or transfer your information to another organisation please let us know. We will respond to you within one month after assessing whether this is possible, taking into account the technical compatibility with the other organisation in question.
How You can Withdraw Your Consent
You have the right at any time to withdraw any consent you have given us to process your personal data. Please note if you withdraw your consent it will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your personal data we have carried out before you withdrew your consent. Should you wish to do so please email email@example.com.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling
We carry out such profiling in order that you will have a more personalised, relevant and satisfying experience using our Site.
Our services are not aimed at children.
Complaints About the Use of Your Personal Data
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the UK data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further details can be found at www.ico.org.uk or 0303 123 1113.
LAST UPDATED: 13th July 2023