Building a movement
SaveTheHighStreet.org is an industry movement on a mission to ensure diverse and successful high streets, now and for the long term.
The movement launched in August 2016 with the release of a manifesto that laid out a new vision for the high street and how we achieve it together.
In 2020, we engaged 25,000+ supporters through our various channels, launching a series of initiatives to empower high streets across the UK.
- A grass-roots support programme for Local Champions including BIDs, community groups, traders associations and others making a stand for success on their high street. To find out more and join our nationwide community, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A unique digital assistant app, which we call Jo, changing the economics of local business support forever and helping independents to achieve their potential on the high street. To find out more and register visit JoinJo.com.
- An intensive research project with detailed surveying of the impacts of the pandemic on high street businesses. More than 1,400 took part and provided valuable and detailed view of the ways in which businesses were responding, aspired to respond or were as yet failing to respond.
- A number of high street support projects for local authorities in London and Liverpool, helping businesses develop and manage plans for change, employing Jo, our team of Success Managers and providing dozens of insightful interactive webinars available both live and recorded for later viewing. In one local authority project alone the webinar series garnered a thousand registrations and views.
- We delivered a 12 week end-to-end support programme for UK based independent high street businesses, working closely with each business owner to achieve six key goals: Reduce your costs, Sell in new ways, Adapt your marketing, Collaborate as a community, Prepare for the future and Fund your business.
- We ran a series of webinars for national audiences, with expert panelists, on pressing issues of the day. Those webinars are online for you, now, here
Covid-19 continues to cause unprecedented disruption to the UK high street economy. The worst case scenario for the future of the high street is clear for all to see.
This is what we are doing:
- Continuing to partner with an increasing number of local authorities to ensure their high street communities have the support they need through this challenging period. This ranges from managed local delivery solutions nationwide to community-led placemaking, PPE supplies to scalable business support programmes. For more information, email email@example.com.
- Sharing ideas for local businesses and local champions on the Coronavirus-era high street every week through our social media channels and our newsletter.
- Unveiling an innovative approach to high street property, bringing together all parties in risk and reward, helping build the high street of the future.
- Revealing our vision of the future of the high street, which we call High Street 3.0. This will be core to everything that we do and we will present that vision in a day long summit bringing together the entirety of the SaveTheHighStreet.org project to involve all stakeholders.
The road to high street recovery and resilience in the face of COVID-19 will be long and hard – but we can all move forward together.
The more of us who join the stronger we all become.